Quick and Easy Guinness Bread Recipe
Sweet, moreish and the perfect pairing for your soup. It’s also delicious toasted for breakfast with some Lismore Marmalade.
Ingredients for Guinness Bread
- 430g Wholemeal Flour, Extra Course
- 50g Cream Flour
- 20g Rolled Oats (plus an extra handful for the top)
- 1x Good handful pinhead Oatmeal (optional)
- 1 tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 tsp Bread soda, sieved
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly whisked
- 85g Black Treacle
- 300ml Buttermilk
- 120ml Guinness
- 1 x Extra handful rolled oats for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C/190C Fan
- Oil and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Sieve the cream flour, bread soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Add the wholemeal flour, rolled oats and pinhead oats and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add the Guinness, buttermilk and egg. You can add the treacle after this point.
- Pop your bowl of ingredients on the weighing scales and weigh in the Treacle using a light oiled tablespoon.
- Mix everything thoroughly. You will have a very wet porridgy mix but fret not, it will be perfect! If not wet enough, just add another glug of buttermilk.
- Pop the mix into your lined bread tin & scatter the top with extra porridge oats.
- Bake in the oven for 60 minutes at 180 C. Remove the bread from the tin and return it to the oven for the last 5 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before tucking in.
Enjoy! Share your pictures with us and tag us on Instagram @lismorefoodco